|Narration Stutters, Stops, or Plays at Improper Speed|
|Description||When using the Symphony Math program, narration occasionally stutters, stops, or sounds very irregular, in a very low tone at a slow speed.|
(Windows XP only): Disable Hardware Acceleration for audio.
On Windows XP:
1. Click Start, select Settings and click Control Panel.
2. Double-click the Multimedia or Sounds and Multimedia icon.
3. In the Multimedia Properties window select the Audio tab.
4. Under the Playback heading, click Advanced Properties.
5. Click the Performance tab and record the location of the Hardware Acceleration slide bar.
6. Slide the Hardware Acceleration slide bar needle to None.
7. Click Apply and click OK.
Update the Audio Driver
|Update the Audio Driver on the student workstation. A guide is available at this location: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/166774|